- CIMERWA, emerged as the best
exhibitor at first Made-in-Rwanda exhibition that was geared at promoting
- Private Sector Federation
chairperson Benjamin Gasamagera said there is no need to import products yet we
have good quality products made locally.
- “We want to promote the high
standards and excellence of local products,” Gasamagera said, adding that the
outstanding winners exhibited a great deal of excellence in quality customer
care, innovation, consistency and standards.
- Saidi Hitimana, one of the
exhibitors, lauded the expo idea, saying it gave them a chance to showcase what
local businesses can do.
- He said the exhibition should be
made an annual activity.
- The Minister for Trade and
Industry, Francois Kanimba, said the expo will also be held in other parts of
the country and urged the business to invest in advertising.
- “Entrepreneurs don’t have the
culture of advertising their products, we encourage you to advertise,” Kanimba
- He added that Made-in-Rwanda
campaign targets sectors with high potential growth that can satisfy the local
market fully and compete with regional and international markets.
- John Jovith Malidadi, the sales
distribution manager at CIMERWA, said their focus on customer care and
creativity in stand set up and product display may have convinced the judges.